From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] combining x86 and amd64
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:47:15
1 On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:36:44 -0400 Olivier Crete <tester@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Is it just me, it seems that only sparc/mips devs want that kind of
4 | change and non none of the x86/amd64 devs...
5
6 The people who have worked with such a system before and understand how
7 it works and what all it can do want change. Those who don't understand
8 the system and think that it has all kinds of problems that are really
9 just a lack of understanding don't want it to change.
10
11 | I still dont see what practical advantage that would bring to
12 | x86/amd64 users or developers?
13
14 QA.
17 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
18 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
19 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm