From: Kurt Motekew <motekew@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Obtaining Gentoo
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:40:56
1 I've been a die hard Slackware user for the last few years, and I just
2 recently heard about Gentoo. After reading about it on the gentoo.org
3 webpage I became very excited thinking I have found something that might
4 cause me to switch to another distro (I've tried about 4 so far -
5 primarily just out of curiosity and not out of a desire to replace
6 Slackware).
7
8 The only thing stopping me not being able to buy the full distro on CD,
9 with documentation in paper format (electronic documentation doesn't do
10 much good while you are installing the OS on your computer).
11
12 Anyway, hope you guys are planning on eventually making such a product
13 available. I don't have a high speed internet connection, and I doubt I
14 will have one any time soon.
15
16 Good luck with the distro.
17