From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Global USE=gui
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2016 14:15:22
1 On 02/06/16 05:27 PM, Daniel Campbell wrote:
2 > To play devil's advocate, can we get a citation on "users don't want to
3 > care"? Which users? Does Gentoo have a lot of users who don't care, or
4 > does it attract a more passionate audience that enjoys the control that
5 > comes with being source-based? I'm inclined to believe the latter, but
6 > I'm ready to be wrong.
9 Me. I don't care in 99% of cases. The only time I do care is when
10 there's a choice between one or the other. More specifically, I *DO*
11 care when I expect to get a gui app installed, but I don't get one at
12 all, because I didn't have the correct toolkit flag enabled.