From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Opinions Wanted - Arrays again :)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:53:36
1 On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 16:40 +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > array="1.2.3.4 netmask 5.6.7.8;
3 > \*
4 > 'host.name' netmask 1.2.3.4
5 > -I 'option; $FOO with spaces'
6 > "
7
8 Everyone who commented has agreed that this is the most readable,
9 maintainable and documentable. As such I've comitted a patch for this
10 into baselayout's svn and will appear in baselayout-2.0.0_rc6.
11
12 I've not opted for another config format (either based on Debians or
13 something else) as this doesn't rock the baselayout-2 boat that much as
14 it's a fairly trivial patch. Once we have baselayout-2 stable then we
15 can think about revisiting this for future versions if there is still a
16 need.
17
18 Thanks
19