From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [PMS] Version Naming Clarification
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 22:51:54
1 Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:38:49 +0100
3 > Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org> wrote:
4 >
5 >> If Portage currently happens to, say, disable sandbox if an ebuild
6 >> sets GIVE_ME_A_COOKIE="yes" globally, it does not mean that ebuilds
7 >> may rely upon this behaviour, nor does it mean that Portage cannot
8 >> change in such a way that breaks this behaviour. The acceptance
9 >> question is relevant only for legitimate behaviour; things accepted
10 >> by fluke aren't considered accepted.
11 >
12 > However, the fact that Portage currently accepts it is tangentially
13 > related to the matter at hand, because it's a piece of code that may
14 > get confused by this sort of ambiguity. Fortunately it's (relatively
15 > speaking) trivial to fix, because the ambiguity only happens due to
16 > behaviour that shouldn't really be there.
19 Can you and Ciaran update the PMS to be specific and clear on this
20 point? Cause I think everyone is in agreement here and all technical
21 issues have been addressed. Unless I missed something.
24 Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
25 http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list