From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, licenses <licenses@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Adding 'GPL-2-only', 'GPL-3-only' etc. license variants for better auditing
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 07:13:34
1 >>>>> On Tue, 24 Sep 2019, Matt Turner wrote:
2
3 > Just responding because the absurdity of this angers me, to be honest.
4 > See if you notice anything funny about the URL:
5
6 > https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.en.html
7
8 What do you mean? Should we localise it, because translations in other
9 languages exist? Sorry, but that's not going to happen.
10
11 (That said, we have few examples like "lha" where we have both the
12 original (Japanese) and an unofficial English translation. These are
13 in the same file, though.)
14
15 Ulrich