From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] $COMPILER varibale
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:40:35
1 On Sunday 11 January 2004 15:30, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
2 > I notice some ebuilds use this to check the compiler version. I'd like
3 > to get more information on it but haven't found anything in the GCC
4 > manual or searching elsewhere. Is it something that portage defines for
5 > use as an ebuild or is it defined on most Linux systems.
6
7 it's a portage thing ...
8 and, imho, ebuilds should not be using this, they should be using 'inherit
9 gcc' and then using `gcc-major-version`
10 -mike
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list