From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-crypt/kstart License questionable
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 20:01:52
1 On 21:10 Fri 09 May , Michael Hammer wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I'd like to add kstart to the tree and have a question to the license
5 > of the package. It's some kind of combination of the MIT License with
6 > a few minor licenses. Should I add the whole license file to the tree?
7 > Here is the link:
8 >
9 > http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/kstart/license.html
10 >
11 > There is a very similar situation on the sys-auth/pam_krb5 package
12 > which is also from Russ Allbery. There we provide not the full license
13 > needed for the package.
14
15 It's nicest if you can map each license back to an individual one in the
16 tree. People generally ignore the build system when doing that. When
17 doing the licensing thing, the way things seem to go in Gentoo is to get
18 the actual license language mapped to a license file but ignore any
19 differences in copyright ownership (e.g., Stanford vs X Consortium).
20
21 Thanks,
22 Donnie
23 --