From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: locations of binaries and separate /usr
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 20:41:09
1 On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Are you sure? I heard a rumour that systemd will soon require you to
4 > put /etc inside your initrd (since / can't be mounted without it).
5
6 While I can't speak to your comments about being unable to restart
7 daemons with systemd (hope this isn't the case, obviously), dracut
8 does in fact include a copy of some files in /etc like mdadm.conf.
9 So, if you reconfigure your raid it might be beneficial to rebuild
10 your initramfs.
11
12 As you might expect that is optional - mdadm can more-or-less work
13 without mdadm.conf, but in some cases you could have your raids change
14 name and such. If you mount root by UUID that won't prevent you from
15 booting, but it might mess up your own scripts if you refer to md
16 devices by number.
17
18 Rich