From: Nick Devito <nick125@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: tuxracer/tuxracer-demo
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:32:01
1 On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 14:54 -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > games-arcade/tuxracer - the last open source version of the game
3 > games-arcade/tuxracer-demo - the demo for the closed-source version
4 >
5 > These are dead upstream, older than dirt, and replaced by ppracer.
6 > Nobody on games wants to maintain them, so we're putting them on the
7 > chopping block. Unless someone steps up to maintain these, they'll be
8 > getting the "gentle" treatment with a chainsaw on October 27th.
11 I don't exactly think a chainsaw is "gentle" ;)
12
13 Personally, I don't see a problem with these being removed. It looks
14 like its been dead for quite a while now, and, the community shouldn't
15 really mind its removal.
18 Nick Devito <nick125@×××××.com>
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list