From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] summary: proposed solutions to arches/stable problem
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:07:22
1 On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 22:37 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > > I think that before this all, we first and all need to get absolutely clear
3 > > what we want to do with these keywords. As a package maintainer I know that
4 > > it can sometimes be displeasing when other archs mark your package as
5 > > stable. I do however not think that we need to spend that much effort on
6 > > the problem.
7 > >
8 > > If we want to spend the effort we however should first make clear the
9 > > purpose, not just make clear what the arch maintainer's keyword is without
10 > > making it clear what is the purpose of this knowledge.
11 >
12 > That's probably the most rational thing I've heard in this entire debate - not
13 > that it has all been irrational...
14
15 I found it to be most effortless comment so far, because all the reasons
16 are laid out perfectly fine so far in this thread. This is basicly just
17 QA, no more reasons needed than that. The implementation policy wise has
18 also been dealt with, i have no clue whatsoever he wants explained that
19 hasn't been most thoroughly scrutinized already.
20
21 And I wasn't gonna answer, because that tends to get another reply and
22 another one, but I can't keep myself from replying here.
23
24 - foser