From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 49 - take 2
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 08:45:30
1 On Monday 22 May 2006 17:54, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2 > > Am I missing something obvious?
3 > >
4 > > -g2boojum-
5 >
6 > Probably just the blatant Ciaran hate, and the realization that people
7 > will have to suck it up and deal with him if his package manager ever
8 > becomes official for Gentoo. Who was it that mentioned this GLEP
9 > stacked the desk against Paludis?
10
11 I don't have a problem with Ciaran. While I know that Ciaran being involved
12 with paludis puts gentoo in an awkward position, I'm certain that when that
13 time comes, and Ciaran has not been accepted as developer again yet,
14 solutions can be found. Nowhere have I stated that all developers of the
15 primary package manager must be gentoo developers, but even if that were the
16 case, the council could make an exception.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze
22 Gentoo Developer