From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: EAPI spec (was Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: let's clear things up (was Slacker archs))
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 06:37:57
1 Stephen Bennett wrote:
2
3 > At this stage, individuals can ask for a copy, or for read access to
4
5 This stage is usually called early draft, the editor puts every input he
6 deems useful in the first document and then he sends it for discussion
7 once he is happy with it. So, no problems on this practice once we know
8 that we are at the early draft phase of a quite large document.
9
10 The perception were that the document is quite in a further stage, say
11 pre-release, so people was expecting to see it and comment on it.
12
13 Now, I think we could wait even a bit more, but there is much interest
14 in seeing it complete so is natural that more people are willing to help
15 speeding up at least the first release.
16
17 I agree with Ciaran that would be better have at least a working sample
18 implementation while discussing it, I won't call it 1.0pre again because
19 it gives a wrong perception.
20
21 I'm looking forward to see the spec and the initial implementation ^^
22
23 lu
27 Luca Barbato
28