From: David Nellans <dnellans@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 2.2 kernels under gentoo
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:27:19
1 i made an attempt to use a 2.2 kernel gentoo system as described in the
2 install faq, and also attempted to drop a 2.2 kernel into a machine thats
3 been running gentoo for almost a year now.
4
5 in both cases the kernel will boot but when INIT loads it returns
6 Fatal: kernel to old and hangs hard. I can't find any references to
7 kernel versioning being a problem in the util-linux changelogs so i'm
8 wondering if this is actually more of a problem with the gentoo
9 init-scripts that is only appearing as a problem with INIT?
10
11 has anyone heard of anyone actually using a 2.2 kernel sucessfully in a
12 gentoo system, if so please let me know as i'd like to get the docs for
13 doing it correctly updated!
14
15 dave
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list