From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: Andy Arbon <gentoo@××××××××××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] prelink issues
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:22:46
1 begin quote
2 On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:06:08 +0000
3 Andy Arbon <gentoo@××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
8 > prelink: /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1: Library without dependencies
9
10 its a static library. doesnt use ld.so and cant be prelinkd. neither can
11 anything that depends on it. Go Nvidia
14 > prelink: /usr/bin/gnucash: Could not parse `/usr/bin/gnucash: error
15 > while loading shared libraries: libgal.so.20: cannot open shared
16 > object file: No such file or directory'
17
18 theres missing a library that gnucash depends on. gal is making odd
19 things, again. either emerge the old version of gal (gal-0.20) or
20 rebuild gnucash and it will link against the new version
23 > prelink: /usr/kde/3.1/bin/artscat: section file offsets not
24 > monotonically increasing
25 No Idea, I've noticed it in other binaries
28 > prelink: /usr/lib/transgaming/winex/bin/dosmod: Not enough room to add
29 > .dynamic entry
30 yey, built against the wrong version of glibc.
34 > - -- The docs say that wine(x) won't work.. I'm just curious about
35 > what the error means
36 Well, it works for me, but I had to add an entry to /etc/env.d to
37 provide the LDPATH to include my winex-cvs/lib dir.
41 > prelink: /usr/bin/emacs: COPY relocations don't point into .bss or
42 > .sbss section
43
44 More proof that you shouldnt use emacs ;-) Actually I have no idea.
47 //Spider
48 --
49 begin .signature
50 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
52 end