From: "Robin H.Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Stuart Herbert <stuart@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
Cc: 'Donny Davies' <woodchip@g.o>, gentoo-core@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] HEADS UP: Twitching to un-arch-mask Apache2
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:36:11
1 On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 12:11:37PM +0100, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > PHP is still not recommended for production use with Apache 2
3 > (http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache2.php).
4 > That said, PHP 4.3.2-r2 runs fine for me under Apache 2 on Gentoo (so far).
5 As the PHP maintainer, I fully support going to Apache2 as default.
6
7 The only problems that exist at all with PHP and Apache2 is using a
8 non-standard MPM (any of the threaded ones) with a non-threadsafe
9 library. Presently there are only two non-threadsafe libraries
10 (net-snmp, mcrypt) I am aware of that you can build PHP against, and
11 both of them are working towards being threadsafe very soon now, if they
12 aren't already.
13
14 This problem with non-threadsafe libraries isn't limited to Apache2
15 anyway, it can easily happen to any other program (I have seen it with a
16 few things).
19 Robin Hugh Johnson
20 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
21 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
22 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
23 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85