From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild for doxygen
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:31:31
1 On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 03:39:54PM -0400, Sean Mitchell wrote:
2 > <<doxygen-1.2.8.1.ebuild>>
3 >
4 > This is my first attempt at an ebuild. It builds and installs fine, but when
5 > I unmerge it there are leftovers (specifically /usr/bin/doxy*). Should I be
6 > using doexe or exeinto? If so what's the syntax?
7
8 The problem is that you are simply doing a "make install", which is incorrect.
9 You'll notice that all of our ebuilds on CVS that use "make install" use a
10 special technique to make sure that the files end up at the ${D} root, which is
11 a temporary directory that contains an image of all the files to be installed
12 at /. Your ebuild needs to do this too; you should study the install: portion
13 of the doxygen Makefile to see if overriding "prefix" or "DESTDIR" will do the
14 trick. Then, Portage will be making the modifications to the root filesystem,
15 rather than your "make install", and will thus record md5sums on everything
16 that it installs.
17
18 Best Regards,
21 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>