From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] CA-certified SSL
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 16:59:47
1 Hi,
2
3 IIRC, we currently don't have CA-certified SSL certificates on Gentoo
4 properties because the infrastructure people who handle that kind of
5 stuff really dislike giving up their personal information to a
6 corporation like a CA. Would it be possible to break that logjam by
7 volunteering for the job of requesting the certificates?
8
9 I think it's really quite silly that we keep inconveniencing ourselves
10 and our user by not having proper certificates that get recognized by
11 all the major browsers, preferably wildcard variants (particularly for
12 Bugzilla attachments).
13
14 I'd be happy to handle the certificates and renew them every time when
15 needed, passing them on to infra staff via a channel they deem secure
16 enough, although it would be nice if someone else can provide me with
17 funds (e.g. the Trust/Foundation?).
18
19 Cheers,
20