From: Ingo Bormuth <ibormuth@××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ingo@×××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] opinion on how to improve the website redesign
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:56:47
1 - Where is the "Search for ______ in section ______" field ? I would expect it
2 somewhere on the top. See http://php.net for a good and tiny one.
3
4 - I like the infinity sign. It looks cool and professionel (not too commercial).
5
6 - I don't like the big, purple bar (portage, packages, get gentoo, forums,
7 donage). Get rid of it. Instead, put the headliners from the bottom
8 (documentation, resources, community) here. It just has to be a bit smaller
9 in height (multi column instead?).
10 You could add another Headline (maybe 'Introduction') for new users (topics
11 could be 'Why Gentoo Linux', 'Download', 'Handbook', 'Packages', 'Portage').
12
13 - The mentioned headline panel should only be visible on the first page.
14 BUT make sure it doesn't go away if you click one of that panel's links.
15 In that particular case the reader probably is willing to try another link and
16 should not be forced to go back to the main page.
17
18 - The ads pannel should have a different background color.
19
20 See a hacked Screenshot at http://public.efil.de/gentoo-www.png
25 Ingo Bormuth, voicebox & telefax: +49-12125-10226517 '(~o-o~)'
26 public key 86326EC9, http://ibormuth.efil.de/contact ---ooO--(.)--Ooo---
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list