From: michael nazaroff <spirexe@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] some errors
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 01:20:41
1 michael nazaroff wrote:
2 >
3 >Number one error that I'm having Konsole is not exporting /etc/.profile
4 >properly so I'm am without colors in my termial window.
5
6 .profile ? must be a typo.
7 Do you mean in the xterminals?
8
9 Number two su does
10 >not work will not allow me to su to root it says su: Permission denied
11 >Sorry.
12
13 That question is covered in the faq
14
15 And then lastly the netscape script in /usr/X11R6/bin/netscape is
16 >giving me this error /usr/X11R6/bin/netscape: line 8: 5048 Bus error
17 > $MOZILLA_HOME/netscape $@
18
19 hrm, that's strange do you have the sys-libs/lib-compat package
20 installed?
21
22 bye achim~
23
24 Ok I check on the sys-libs/lib-compat and yes it's installed and I'm
25 speaking of the Konsole the kde terminal application it will not export
26 .profile because none of the colours, etc will not show up it's just flat
27 colour text (all one color) and the prompt only says (bash-2.04$) not my
28 name or hostname and su still says Password:
29 su: Authentication failure
30 Sorry.
31 I'm kinda sure that they are all tied to together. I have been using linux
32 from scratch and never had this problem, I'm not sure what I'm missing
33 though something do with shadow password suite, I'm just taking shoots in
34 the dark though.
35
36 Thankyou for all the help.
37