From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global useflag proposals
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 20:18:02
1 Le vendredi 23 novembre 2012 à 15:03 +0100, Tomáš Chvátal a écrit :
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > wayland: Enable dev-libs/wayland backend
5 >
6 > vdpau: Enable the Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix
7 > acceleration interface.
8
9 While at it, I'd like to finally have USE=introspection a global USE
10 flag. The gnome team had to stay with local flags because we are not
11 willing to change ebuilds (114 by use.local.desc count) using it and
12 we've always had an argument that maybe someday, somebody else will do
13 introspection and that would confuse people.
14
15 Well it's been a few years now (at least 2 by gnome release count), and
16 nothing comparable has emerged in gentoo (at least). So, can we go
17 forward with this now ?
20 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
21 Gentoo