From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:32:16
1 On Monday 27 February 2006 11:47, Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:53:20 -0800 Donnie Berkholz
4 > >
5 > > <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
6 > > | The maintainer should be the absolute authority over his/her packages,
7 > > | and only the council should be able to overrule maintainer decisions
8 > > | in the case of disagreement between the maintainer and anybody else.
9 > >
10 > > So if the maintainer sticks SANDBOX_DISABLE="1" rm -fr / in global scope
11 > > and refuses to move it, QA will have to get council approval to fix it?
12 >
13 > Use some common sense when showing an example please. We all know that
14 > something that stupid needs to be delt with quickly.
15
16 we've had at least one ebuild do stuff in /tmp in global scope ... of course
17 that was a mistake the dev felt really bad about and it was fixed once
18 noticed, so not sure this is an appropriate example ;)
19 -mike
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list