From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 06:22:58
1 Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > I don't understand half of what you said.
3 >
4 > You are saying that PMS is a sub-project of QA? Is the PMS spec hosted
5 > on Gentoo infrastructure?
6 >
7 > From all I have read, PMS is meant to define the functionality of
8 > Paludis itself, which is not a Gentoo project. Because of this, PMS
9 > can't be considered a Gentoo project.
10
11 That may be what it's meant to do now, but that was not the original purpose. It
12 was originally to be a written specification of EAPI=0, which is essentially
13 portage's current functionality. It's only later that the whole PMS == Paludis
14 thing came about.
17 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
18 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list