From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Pre-GLEP: Security Project
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 00:25:35
1 On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 7:55 PM, Yury German <blueknight@g.o> wrote:
4 > The maintainer also knows the package, dependencies, other bugs filed, etc. Removing things for your
5 > packages might be simple, but it is not the same across all packages and that is the reason we ask the
6 > Maintainers to take an active step in cleaning up.
7
8 I agree.
9
10 The security team should be empowered to do the cleanup, but I think
11 their first priority should be to administering the overall process.
12 Anything maintainers can do to move it along is probably going to make
13 the process more efficient.
14
15 The reality is that most of the "work" in terms of commits/etc in
16 security work is really done by maintainers and arch teams. The main
17 role of the security team is to ensure that it is all happening, so
18 they're going to spend a lot of time herding along everybody else.
19 They can always chip in with other things but if they don't do the
20 administrative overhead nobody else will.
23 Rich