From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Stefan de Konink <skinkie@××××××.nl>, Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Concerns about WIPE_TMP change
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:27:17
1 On Saturday 19 January 2008, Stefan de Konink wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger schreef:
3 > > On Saturday 19 January 2008, Roy Marples wrote:
4 > >> On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 02:48 +0100, Stefan de Konink wrote:
5 > >>> In my opinion WIPE_TMP should be in the same state
6 > >>> as RC_PARALLEL_STARTUP.
7 > >>
8 > >> That's a fair point.
9 > >
10 > > how ? these two options are not related in the slightest.
11 >
12 > Because both options should be enabled manually under the presumption if
13 > one knows what one is doing. Potential dataloss vs Potential boot
14 > problems, I think that is the same ball park.
15
16 as Roy points out, parallel startup is stabilized which means it will be
17 enabled by default
18
19 WIPE_TMP had already been moved to yes by default in baselayout-2, i just got
20 tired of waiting
21
22 i can add an elog, but the arguments for not turning it on by default are far
23 from convincing
24 -mike