From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] unsanctioned python 2.7 crusade
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 16:03:09
1 How about adding yourself as maintainer then? :)
2
3 Am Donnerstag, 5. Dezember 2019, 14:42:59 CET schrieb Jason A. Donenfeld:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > Aaron has marked tons of important and useful Python 2.7 packages for
7 > removal:
8 >
9 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=d85e166dd999c354a5346fb
10 > b57aaaa68cc6f38ac
11 >
12 > There are quite a few useful packages in here.
13 >
14 > Can we not do this prematurely? I've revered this commit until such a
15 > thing an be appropriately agreed upon. Many of those packages are
16 > actively maintained upstream packages. abcde, beets, and tahoe-lafs
17 > immediately jump out.
18 >
19 > Thanks,
20 > Jason
24 Andreas K. Hüttel
25 dilfridge@g.o
26 Gentoo Linux developer
27 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)