From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Packaging changes in LLVM 10
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 15:27:10
1 On 16/03/2020 14:37, Gerion Entrup wrote:
2 > when I compile LLVM for myself, I also always choose SHARED_LIBS simply
3 > because of RAM usage when linking the libraries. In the past, I was not
4 > able to link the single library on my 16 GB machine (I have not tested
5 > it now and this could be dependent on other circumstances). What is the
6 > current expected RAM usage for LLVM 10?
7
8 Sounds something else was wrong perhaps. I'm on 16GB RAM, 10GB of which
9 are for the tmpfs I use for portage, and even with that it builds fine
10 with -j4.