From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council meeting 19 April 2010
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 17:14:34
1 On 7 April 2010 17:00, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
2 > Before we go any further, let me make the following PA announcement:
3 >
4 >  1 - If you want to improve a project or subproject the best (and
5 > often only) thing to do is to join it.
6 >
7 >  2 - The council isn't a super-nanny metaproject with enough magical
8 > powers to solve each and every of your oh-so-annoying problems. We do
9 > have magic wands but you don't want to see them.
12 Gentoo Council project page <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/>:
13
14 "1. Project Description
15 The elected Gentoo Council decides on global issues and policies that
16 affect multiple projects in Gentoo."
17
18 GLEP 39 also says "Global issues will be decided by an elected Gentoo council."
19
20 So all I'm asking is to do your job and make decisions on issues that
21 affect all of Gentoo. The issues I brought up are wider than a single
22 individual project.
23
24 Thanks,
25 --