From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] What is insopts?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:23:06
1 Qmail doesn't create its users dynamically, they're always present in
2 /etc/passwd even if qmail is not installed.
3
4 On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 18:45, Sean Mitchell wrote:
5 > Okay... looks like I was barking up the wrong tree. I found the info on
6 > insopts in "man 5 ebuild", so it looks like insopts won't create the user
7 > for me. I still haven't figured out how qmail is doing it, though....
8 >
9 > Still looking....
10 >
11 > Sean
12 >
13 > -----Original Message-----
14 >
15 > Hi All.....
16 >
17 > Trying to make an ebuild for mailman, and I need to create a user and group.
18 > Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't see anything about this in the developer docs.
19 >
20 > I notice that several of the ebuilds use "insopts" to (I think) accomplish
21 > this, but neither google nor grep were able to shed much light on it.
22 >
23 > Can anyone offer some guidance here?
26 > gentoo-dev mailing list
27 > gentoo-dev@g.o