From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, pr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: media-sound/pulseffects "renaming"
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 06:25:31
1 >>>>> On Tue, 13 Jul 2021, Marek Szuba wrote:
2
3 > Title: PipeWire versions of PulseEffects are now media-sound/easyeffects
4
5 Too long.
6
7 https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0042.html#news-item-headers
8 "Title: A short (maximum 50 characters) descriptive title."
9
10 > Author: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
11 > Posted: 2021-07-16
12 > Revision: 1
13 > News-Item-Format: 2.0
14 > Display-If-Installed: >=media-sound/pulseeffects-5.0.0
17 > EasyEffects we have decided to adopt the new name for versions only
18 > supporting media-video/pipewire while retaining the old one for
19 > versions allowing the use of media-sound/pulseaudio.
20
21 I find this sentence hard to understand. Maybe it could be split up?
22
23 Also, it might be helpful to explicitly say what are the old and new
24 versions (>=6.0.0 or >=5.0.0?), especially when the dividing line is
25 different from upstream's.
26
27 > media-sound/easyeffects is already available in the tree, and all the
28 > PipeWire-dependent ebuilds of media-sound/pulseeffects will be removed
29 > in 7 days. Therefore, users of >=media-sound/pulseeffects-5.0.0 are
30 > asked to emerge media-sound/easyeffects instead.
31
32 Ulrich