From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: glep@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 (news) Round Seven
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 15:14:49
1 Neaaaarrlllly there now... Changes:
2
3 * Due to overwhelming demand (it's the thing in this GLEP that has
4 generated least contention!), spaces are not allowed in repository
5 names.
6
7 * Colons aren't allowed in repository or file names either, since
8 they're not going to be allowed in package names (see previous
9 discussion).
10
11 * News item signing is now mandatory ('must' rather than 'should').
12 Keychain, format / strength etc. are left for those doing the signing
13 work to decide.
14
15 * Clarified Revision: wording.
16
17 * Clarified Display-If-Installed: wording.
18
19 * Removed "can be sent to -core" note. If it's ever necessary, the
20 people handling it should have enough sense to do what's right.
21
22 * Added "frequency of news updates syncing is unspecified" note.
23
24 * Added permissions note.
25
26 * Removed --ask message, apparently it's superfluous.
27
28 * Added "the package manager doesn't need to know about the news
29 client" note.
30
31 * Clarified .skip wording.
32
33 * Couple of minor typo fixes.
34
35 A rendered version will show up on the web in an hour or three.
36
37 I might end up being offline over the weekend (and possibly for a while
38 after that too...), but I'll get around to any feedback as soon as I
39 can...
42 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (King of all Londinium)
43 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
44 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm

glep-0042.txt text/plain
example-news-item.txt text/plain