From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: mips@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Restabilizing MIPS
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 23:00:59
1 Hi,
2 I'd like to begin stabilizing packages on MIPS. I've gotten acks from
3 Redhatter, leio, and r0bertz, and Kumba doesn't really care.
4
5 What's the best method to go about doing this? Stabilize the system
6 packages, then remove ~mips from ACCEPT_KEYWORDS in the profiles?
7 Should we target package versions that aren't stabilized on other
8 architectures yet, so that we'll have an extended testing period
9 before they'll come up for stabilization? That is, can I plan to make
10 gcc-4.5.1 or something the first restabilized version of gcc, go ahead
11 and begin testing it, and be ready for stabilization when toolchain
12 requests it?
13
14 Thanks, and any advice is appreciated. :)
15
16 Matt