From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: location of portage tree
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 20:12:38
1 On 28 March 2012 08:59, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > What I was wanting to discuss mainly was that /usr/portage isn't right;
3 > I think we need to move that out of the /usr directory.
4 >
5 > I'm not sure what the new default should be, nor how the default should
6 > be decided. Maybe we just let Zac pick one?
7
8 While we're talking about things that probably don't belong in /usr/ :
9
10 src , esp /usr/src/linux and friends.
11
12 I know its not likely to ever change, but its always felt very very
13 wrong to be under /usr
14
15 I've always sort of treated /usr as if it was this big space of
16 "untouchable, except by package manager", and /usr/src/linux sort of
17 violates that sense ( as does /usr/local/ to an extent , but its
18 slightly different )
23 Kent
24
25 perl -e  "print substr( \"edrgmaM  SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3,