From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reserved UIDs/GIDs
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 04:23:30
1 On Wednesday 07 April 2004 12:18 am, Barry Shaw wrote:
2 > I was wondering if there was a gentoo specification somewhere for the
3 > allocation of UIDs and GIDs to system users and groups. I'd assume that
4 > gentoo follows the linux standards base but I've trawled the gentoo docs
5 > and forums and not managed to find anything. As an admin of a large
6 > number of machines and users I want to ensure that the local UIDs and
7 > GIDs we use don't clash with those of future and existing gentoo packages.
8
9 ive worked out the details with nick about portage support i just havent
10 passed it on to a few core people for comments so that i can write the GLEP
11 -mike
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list