From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: pybugz command syntax
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 05:40:25
1 On 10:33 Sun 10 May , William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > I'm considering changing the pybugz command syntax to be something
5 > similar to the way portage's syntax works. For example, "pybugz get"
6 > would become "pybugz --get", "post" would become "--post", etc to
7 > simplify the command line parsing code.
8 >
9 > Does anyone have an objection to something like this?
10
11 I rather like it as is, because pybugz has distinct "modes" with other
12 options that are only valid in specific modes. I don't really find it
13 user-friendly to both specify a mode of operation and options to that
14 mode with the same syntax.
17 Thanks,
18 Donnie
19