From: Shawn Pringle BSc <spbsc@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] INSTALL
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 16:57:42
1 I noticed a few errors installing gentoo. The current build instructions do
2 not allow for machines configured for DHCP. So, I am going to ignore those
3 new instructions and refer to the build instructions on the CD-ROM: T
4
5 Included is the new file and a unified diff so you can see all of the changes
6 I propose. Ofcourse, this works but there is a lot of errors when my gentoo
7 boots up before I get a command prompt, but I do get a command prompt.
8
9 The first hunk of the diff corrects a symbolic link error. The second creates
10 some directories that cause some packages to complain it isn't there
11 (no such file or directory) during instalation. Maybe there can be two
12 versions one for internet with static ips and one for cdrom installs.
13
14 Shawn Pringle

INSTALL-bin-1.0_rc5.txt text/plain
INSTALL-bin-1.0_rc5.txt.diff text/plain