From: Alex Howells <astinus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GOOD HOME REQUIRED -- Poweredge 2950 :)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 22:11:19
1 Hiya All,
2
3 I seem to be making a habit of 'For Sale' notices lately; guess I like
4 to keep decent hardware within the community, and see it continue to
5 run Gentoo :)
6
7 I have a Dell Poweredge 2950 of the following spec:
8
9 * 2 x Intel Xeon 5110, 1.6GHz/4MB, Dual-Core
10 * 16GB FB 667mhz Memory (8 * 2GB DIMMs)
11 * 2 x 73GB SAS, 10000rpm 3.5"
12 * PERC 5/i RAID Controller, 256MB Cache, Battery Backup
13 * x6 Backplane, will take SAS *or* SATA hard drives
14 * Redundant Power Supplies (2 x 750W)
15 * 24x CD-ROM Drive
16 * Riser with PCI-X Support
17 * DRAC V (Dell Remote Access Controller)
18 * Rapid/Versa Rails, Cable Management
19
20 Retail Price : £4850 + VAT
21 Looking for : £3500 (private sale, no VAT)
22
23 I will consider all reasonable offers.
24
25 System is brand new, 100% working, only powered on for testing its all
26 OK! Includes all cables, CDs and documentation which came with it -
27 most of which is still shrink wrapped as my first action was to drop
28 in a Gentoo LiveCD ;)
29
30 Just been informed (possibly mistakenly, hope so!) that I owe my
31 University about £750 for summer accommodation, plus I'd like to clear
32 a bit of debt - that's my primary reason for sale, although the system
33 is also a bit surplus to my personal requirements!
34
35 I live in Aberystwyth, in the United Kingdom, and it'd be shipped with
36 ParcelForce / UPS; I'm happy to ship anywhere within the UK or EU.
37
38 General questions about the unit, feel free to mail the list; anyone
39 interested in buying the system or making me an offer, mail me
40 privately.
41
42 Thanks,
43 -- Alex