From: "Damon M. Conway" <damon@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] php imap configuration
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 23:54:17
1 "Tod M. Neidt" wrote:
2 >Hi!
3 >
4 >I tried emerging php (php-4.0.6-r3.ebuild) tonight and the build bombed
5 >out during configuration. It couldn't find rfc822.h which I believe is
6 >related to imap support. I do not have imap is my USE variable.
7 >Looking at the ebuild the condition "if" and "fi" are commented out
8 >causing --with-imap to always be configured. Is there a reason for
9 >this, or is it a typo. The relevant ebuild section is below.
10 >
11 ># if [ "`use imap`" ] ; then
12 > myconf="$myconf --with-imap"
13 ># fi
14 >
15 >The php-4.0.6-r2.ebuild does not have the if's commented out.
16
17 I did this on cvs.gentoo.org's portage tree because I was having such
18 difficulty with the imap use var not working. I guess it got picked up
19 into the rysnc tree.
20
21 kabau
24 "UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
25 would also stop you from doing clever things." --Doug Gwyn