From: Bjoern Michaelsen <bmichaelsen@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] acl and GRP
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 02:14:07
1 Hi devs!
2 I recently installed a stage3+GRP on a friends machine and used
3 "emerge depclean" later. It removed sys-app/acl and thus broke
4 almost everything - coreutils, portage etc ...
5 Trying to look up what happened I found this in
6 /etc/make.profile/make.defaults:
7 > GRP_STAGE23_USE="[...] acl [...]"
8 and
9 > USE="[no acl here]"
10 Im not too sure about this portage stuff, but it seems risky
11 that depclean wants to clean packages are needed by coreutils
12 and portage.
13
14 Please enlighten me - should i file a bug?
15
16 Greetings, Björn
17
18 P.S.: I know I deserved that for not really checking emerge -p
19 depclean, but it still seems wrong to me.
20 --
21 Björn Michaelsen
22 pub 1024D/C9E5A256 2003-01-21 Björn Michaelsen <bmichaelsen@×××.de>
23 Key fingerprint = D649 8C78 1CB1 23CF 5CCF CA1A C1B5 BBEC C9E5 A256