From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Putting qa warnings to a text file instead of showing them to the world
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:45:37
1 > On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 12:54:04AM +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 >
3 >>Currently there are quite a few ebuilds in the tree that execute dodoc
4 >>or dohtml for files that do not exist. I think it would be nice to have
5 >>ebuilds die if this is the case. To not break current ebuilds this would
6 >>only happen with FEATURES="stricter". This is what I currently do in my
7 >>bashrc. Obviously when integreted to portage one can use helper
8 >>functions like hasq which are not available in bashrc.
12 Well some people opposed this idea so what do everyone think about
13 making portage output stuff like this to a qa-warnings (or whatever)
14 file that developers can use? This would have the added benefit that
15 users would not normally see this stuff and report stuff so easily but
16 developers would still have easy access to it. Portage could even output
17 a header to this file saying not to file bug reports unless you know
18 what you are doing?
19
20 Regards,
21 Petteri