From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] How to force homedir on enewuser
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 02:46:58
1 Hi,
2
3 Following situation: Older mailman ebuilds used to set the mailman user home
4 to /usr/local/mailman (which is obviously wrong).
5
6 Now with the new mailman ebuild, various directories are configurable.
7
8 The mailman user is created with the enewuser macro. Now, the problem is that
9 enewuser just exits with zero if the user already exists. Thus the old
10 homedir is kept.
11
12 What is the correct way to handle this? I'd suggest that enewuser might get
13 some "force"-parameter that tells it to delete and recreate the user if it
14 already exists. Thoughts?
15
16 (If noone comes around with a better idea, I'll open a bug with a feature
17 request within a few days)
20 Hanno Böck Blog: http://www.hboeck.de/
21 GPG: 3DBD3B20 Jabber: hanno@××××××.de