From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] packages without homepages
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:18:54
1 Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at> said:
2 > After reading the response for bug 118607, which i filed, i was
3 > woundering if there isn't a more appropriate default procedure for
4 > packages with no homepages then just leaving the invalid 'homepage-link'
5 > alone ... Shouldn't there be a way to tell portage that a certain
6 > package simply doesn't have a homepage ?
7
8 It'd be nice to get a decision on this. repoman complains, but the dev manual
9 says that DESCRIPTION and HOMEPAGE are required (except in unique
10 circumstances). I don't see why we can't just say they are always required.
11 Something should _always_ have a description, and if a package has no
12 HOMEPAGE, I think putting "none" in there is better than leaving it blank.
13
14 I'm trying to go around and clean up all of the stuff repoman is complaining
15 about, and there are quite a few of these, so I'd like to know how to handle
16 them. We need to either make repoman not complain if HOMEPAGE="" is supposed
17 to be valid, or put "none" in there if necessary.
20 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting toolchain x86)
21 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
22 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
23 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
24 http://www.halcy0n.com