From: "J. Scott Edwards" <sedwards@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] SmallEiffel port
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:52:42
1 I didn't see a port for the SmallEiffel compiler in languages. Is anyone
2 currently working on that? I would be more than happy to work on that, if
3 no one is already doing it.
4
5 If so I am curious about how one handles software like SmallEiffel that
6 doesn't particularly conform to the directory layout structure.
7 SmallEiffel puts everything in one directory and then has an environment
8 variable that it uses to find it when you run a compile. In the past I
9 have generally just installed it at /usr/local/SmallEiffel.
10
11 Or would it be better to patch it so that it is split up and conforms to
12 the standard better (i.e. library stuff in /usr/lib/SmallEiffel, binaries
13 in /usr/bin, etc.)? Or would it be best to put it in /opt?
14
15 Thanks
16 -Scott