From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] enable UTF8 per default?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:38:58
1 On Tuesday 28 February 2006 11:58, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > During that discussion we realized that having utf-8 not enabled by
3 > default and no utf8 fonts available by default causes lots of
4 > recompilation and reconfiguration.
5 At the same time, you'll probably hear people bitching about UTF-8 being
6 enabled because "it's not needed for me, should be the rest of the world to
7 change"....
8 I'd be the first to be interested in having it enabled by default, tho.
11 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
12 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE