From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package DB question
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:55:47
1 That was the old portage place to put virtual packages.
2 That directory has been replaced with /var/cache/edb/virtuals
3
4 It's probably still there to keep old portage packages from breaking (at
5 least that's my guess)
6
7 -Jared H.
8
9 Todd Wright wrote:
10 > I'll try a different approach since my other email doesnt seem to have attracted any responses, and just ask a single question at a time.
11 >
12 > Can someone tell me what the directory
13 >
14 > /var/db/pkg/virtual
15 >
16 > is supposed to be for? I have a fairly built up system, and nothing has ever written to that directory, yet I see ebuilds that rely on files in there ??!?!?!?
17 >
19 > / \
20 > \_.--._* <--- http://www.dreams.darker.net/~wylie/
21 > v Mobile: +61-403-796-001 Ph: +61-2-9521-8677
25 > gentoo-dev mailing list
26 > gentoo-dev@g.o