From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem with samba
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:08:27
1 joe.derosa.b1@×××××.com wrote:
2 >
3 > After merging samba-2.2.0a.tbz2 from the install cd, (my kernel is the 2.4.4.9
4 > with samba support) When I try to mount an nt share, I get:
5 > /sbin/mount.smbfs: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared
6 > object file: cannot load shared object file: no such file or directory
7 >
8 > How can I determine what library is missing ?? And would this qualify as a
9 > dependancy problem ??
12 Hi Joe,
13
14 I just checked the samba package and found that samba uses cups if found
15 on the system.
16 Sp you have to emerge the cups package. I'll fix the package dependencie
17 now, thank you for the
18 report.
19
20 achim~