From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild questions
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:05:20
1 On Wednesday 11 June 2003 03:49, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
2 > If this is the wrong list for this question please tell me where to move it
3 > but it doesn't seem to fit gentoo-user or any of the others.
4 >
5 > I want to do an ebuild for some programs but have never done one. I've
6 > read the Gentoo docs on ebuilds and eclasses and the man pages for ebuild.
7 > However, in looking at some ebuilds - noticably flight gear and wine-cvs I
8 > see variables such a $PV defined. The docs mention $P but not $PV or other
9 > variables. I've browsed some of the eclasses trying to find the
10 > definitions and haven't been successful. Where are these explained. Are
11 > there any more docs I can read?
14 Welcome to the club, it's not that hard. And don't start to look at either of
15 those ebuilds, it are complicated ones for "misbehaving" programs. Try
16 looking at some "clean" kde ebuilds using the kde eclass. (They are often
17 10-liners, with 5 lines being occupied by headers and witespace)
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze
23 Researcher