From: Marko Mikulicic <marko@××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] DDD + libiberty binutils
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 12:10:34
1 Hello,
2
3 DDD 3.3.1 fails to merge because it needs to install its own version of
4 libiberty which defines the function "xstrerror".
5 binutils-2.11.92.0.12.3-r2 doesn't define this function and ddd's
6 configure script enables the build of its own.
7 There are two problems:
8
9 1) bug 4614: sandbox problem. DDD installs direclty in /usr/lib/libiberty.a
10
11 2) since /usr/lib/libiberty.a is owned by binutils, I don't think it's
12 a good idea to overwrite it. Also since it's a static lib, I don't
13 see any reason to install it
14
15 question: does the build system of DDD need to be tweaked ?
16 Should the DDD team be informed of this ?
17
18 3) perhaps the masked binutils-2.12.xx package has this function.
19 in this case the ddd.ebuild should have the correct dependecy.
22 Marko