From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Metastructure vote preliminary results
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:19:14
1 Lance Albertson wrote: [Tue Jun 14 2005, 12:04:48AM CDT]
2 > Considering the amount of information we had to go through and parse,
3 > plus the fact some of us were busy, I would say thats not the case at
4 > all. This election so happen to hit in the middle of a large move and
5 > starting of a new job for me. I'm sorry that I 'didn't care' because I
6 > had real life issues to deal with. Personally, I should have spoken up
7 > to suggest we keep the polls open longer than a week considering the
8 > amount of material we needed to go through, but I didn't get a chance
9 > between things. That's my fault for not addressing that concern.
10
11 I've heard from a couple of people that the timing was poor, and that
12 perhaps we should have kept the polls open longer. I'm not opposed to a
13 longer polling period, at least in principle, but I do wonder if a long
14 polling period makes it easy for people to procrastinate and then forget
15 about it at the end (which I know is what happened in at least one
16 case).
17
18 -g2boojum-
19 --
20 Grant Goodyear
21 Gentoo Developer
22 g2boojum@g.o
23 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
24 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76