From: Andrea Barisani <lcars@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Decision to remove stage1/2 from installation documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:50:18
1 On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 02:47:45PM +0000, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > We have received *numerous* complaints from users about the decision to
3 > remove stage 1 and 2 from the installation documentation. I realize it's
4 > still available if users are willing to dig for it, but not all users do.
5 >
6 > In my years of monitoring www@g.o, we've received the most
7 > complaints about this decision than any other single decision. Is there a
8 > way we can re-introduce the stages into the installation documentation,
9 > perhaps with gigantic warnings saying, "for advanced users only" or "use at
10 > your own risk"?
11 >
12 > --kurt
15 I perfectly agree with this request, we should provide the choice and clear
16 point that out (along with all the correlated risks) instead of simply
17 "hiding" the option. And I sincerely hope there's no intention to remove
18 stage1/stage2 tarballs in the future because that would be a really a bad thing
19 imho.
20
21 Cheers
24 Andrea Barisani <lcars@g.o> .*.
25 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Developer V
26 ( )
27 PGP-Key 0x864C9B9E http://dev.gentoo.org/~lcars/pubkey.asc ( )
28 0A76 074A 02CD E989 CE7F AC3F DA47 578E 864C 9B9E ^^_^^
29 "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate"
30 --
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list